Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Glad To Be Back

It has been almost two months since I last wrote on STWWC.  And it was only about once a month before that.  Much less than at my height of almost everyday.  Work and school has really been keeping me busy, but now since its just work for a while, it isn't so bad.  Time away has made me think how much I miss doing this and miss writing my opinions at sports.  Some other factors have contributed to my not being around. 

The Cubs are awful. Awful and with little hope of improvement in the next five years.  Now we are looking to compete in 2015 at the earliest. 

The Red Wings losing was very disapointing.  Hopefully they turn it on and sign some big free agents to generate some excitement.  Otherwise, I can't see this team winning a title.  They have money now use it.

Oh and one thing,

THE NFL LOCKOUT!!!

I didn't think it would affect me so much.  Being away from Pro football, not knowing when It will come back.  I did say I wouldn't care until July, when camps are supposed to be opening and actual football was really close.  I was so wrong.  The draft was less interesting now than ever.  And the Lions had a great weekend!  It was just sad.  I'm sad there is no free agency or UFA signings.  Why haven't they settled this?  Are they waiting for one side to blink?

Well, I'll try to be on here more.  Being away has made me miss it for sure.  But unlike the NFL, I want to come back and not argue all summer over splitting up 9 billion dollars. Yeah I'm bitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment