Sunday, October 25, 2009

Coloma Closes Out Season With Win Over Cassopolis


Coloma celebrated Senior Night in spectacular style with a 35-0 win over Cassopolis. Coloma finished the year 5-4 (4-2 in the Lakeland Conference) and just missing out on a chance at the postseason. A game against River Valley usually would have given the Comets a chance to extend their season. A third place finish in the conference is pretty good considering they upset champion Berrien Springs on the road in convincing fashion. With a lot of young starters and a new offensive system, Coloma is laying the foundation to be a winner for years to come. Friday night Senior QB Sam Swihart threw two touchdown passes after the game was broken open by two Derrick Allred touchdown runs. Cassopolis never found a rhythm and were out gained four to one in yards. Cassopolis finished behind Coloma in the Lakeland standings but will probably continue on with their season. Coloma closes the season by winning 82-0 in their final two games.

With the season ending post I would like to thank team Statistician Scott Garrod for getting me all the stats of the games so quickly and making it able for me to cover the games with such detail. I would like to thank my family who helped me getting to games and joining me in enjoying Michigan High School Football. Great season Comets!

No comments:

Post a Comment