Here is how I see the EPL finishing up this season, using the WCSPI rating (Weston Corbitt Soccer Power Index) in reverse order of finish. I know the season already started and this is a little late, but the season is until May.
Bottom Three Get Relegated
20. West Ham United: Nickname: The Hammers. Manager: Avram Grant. Stadium: Boleyn Ground. 2009/2010 Finish: 17th. Rivals: Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal and Chelsea. The team with the coolest hooligans (they have a hobbit!!) isn't known for great soccer. Heck, their team song is "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles" . I'm not going to get pumped for that. Also, their goalie is Robert Green. Ouch.
19. West Bromwich Albion: Nickname: The Baggies. Manager: Roberto Di Matteo. Stadium: The Hawthorns West Bromwich. 2009/2010 Finish: 2nd in the Football League Championship. Rivals: Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers. The team with a cute little bird for a mascot has had a rough time sticking tin the EPL for the better part of the decade (5 out 11 times in the EPL). They were very good back when India was owned by the Brits.
18. Stoke City: Nickname: The Potters. Manager: Tony Pulis. Stadium: Britannia Stadium Stoke-on-Trent. 2009/2010 Finish: 11th in the EPL. Rivals: Port Vale, Wolverhamton Wanderers. This team has signed some good veteran players and the last two seasons have played in the EPL. They finished last season very poorly and their players must come through to avoid relegation.
17. Everton: Nickname: The Toffees. Manager: David Moyes. Stadium: Goodison Park Liverpool. 2009/2010 Finish: 8th in the EPL. Rival: Liverpool. Everton does a lot with a little and are very popular all around the world. Tim Howard plays for the Toffees as did Landon Donovan, whose loan had Everton avoid relegation for the 107th year, most all time. Tim Cahill, the captain of the Socceroos, also plays for this team.
16. Wigan Athletic: Nickname: Latics. Manager: Roberto Martinez. Stadium: DW Stadium Wigan. 2009/2010 Finish: 16th in the EPL. Rivals: Bolton Wanderers, Preston North End, Oldham Athletic. Martinez was on the ESPN coverage for the World Cup, but his team isn't all that good. The team has very low attendance and has been only in the EPL for five years. It'll avoid the FLC but not for long at this rate.
15. Bolton Wanderers: Nickname: The Trotters. Manager: Owen Coyle Stadium: Reebok Stadium. 2009/2010 Finish: 14th in the EPL. Rival: Wigan Athletic. Coyle came over with a lot of new players last season but they didn't translate into wins. This year they will try again to move up the ladder. They will stay in the EPL but not too high.
14. Wolverhampton Wanderers: Nickname: Wolves. Manager: Mick McCarthy. Stadium: Molineux Stadium. 2009/2010 Finish: 15th in the EPL. Rival: West Bromwich Albion, Stoke City. The Wolves
are the most charitable in the EPL, as they give a lot of money to charity and lose to teams last year. The team song is "Hi Ho Wolverhampton" (Hi Ho Silver Lining by Jeff Beck) although Scunthorpe United may have called it first. The Wanderers have a problem with hooliganism and not winning much. This year should be the same.