Sunday, January 24, 2010

Championship Weekend Predictions

I have not hid from the fact that I can not pick games in the playoffs this year. I am 1-7, with my only win being Dallas over Philadelphia. So I consulted my mother and she agreed to make both picks for the weekend, and her reasons. She is a pretty good football fan (not obsessed like me, which is good) and follows the Lions because I do (sorry mom) and knows the big stories. I would also like to add my little sister Mary told me "the team with the cooler name should win." So, without further ado, here is my Mom's NFL Playoff picks, I bet she nails them.

I haven't heard of the Jets quarterback and don't have anything against him. The Colts have the Manning boy, his family seems really nice like ours. When I was a kid, I went to see National Velvet with Elizabeth Taylor at a drive in and liked horses always. I don't really enjoy flying because it takes all day. I'd feel safer if the pilot flying any plane I was on was Captain Sully. But I like horses better than airplanes.

Colts 28-Jets 14.

While Drew Brees has been very good for your Dad's fantasy team, I heard the Kardashian girl say Reggie Bush would marry her if they won. I don't like the Kardashian show because it is one more reality show that has people being nosy, yelling, and the girls dress like ladies of rentable affections. And they do plenty of dumb things. Now I'm no fan of Favre. I think if you say your going to do something, do it. Retire, play, retire, play. Maybe he should have thought it through before retiring, the first time. But since my family have been traced back to the vikings, I have to pick Vikings to win. Even though I don't like either team.

Vikings 41-Saints 38

No comments:

Post a Comment