Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday NFL Playoff Predictions

This weekend we see 3 rematches of Week 17 for the Wild card round of the playoffs (The Bengals vs Jets game will be in Cincinnati instead of New York and the Ravens vs Patriots game is a rematch of a game played in the regular season) and all the games last weekend were blowouts. I am sure the results will be different this time around as the games will be competitive. If you are curious I went 173-83 (68% winning percentage) this season picking NFL games and 9-8 in my upset specials. Not bad, but not as good as I would have liked (especially on my Upset Specials, but I did start off slow) and I will do this again next season. Now for the Saturday Playoff picks.

New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals

I see the Bengals coming out more resilient with a chip on their shoulder. All you need is one big punch to the mouth to knock the swagger out of the Jets. The Jets have a good defense but you can score on them. The Bengals need to pound the ball and get into a rhythm early, and let their talented defense shut them down. Get the crowd behind you and beat the Jets and their rookie QB.

Bengals win, 27-13

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys have the hot hand and that can go far coming into the playoffs. Jerry's World will be rocking and the Cowboys have to come out fast to get rid of the playoff curse that haunts them. Reid and McNabb are almost a sure bet to win the first weekend of the playoffs. But I see the talented Dallas defense with a chip on their shoulder come out and physically dominate this game. It will be close but I think Romo will find redemption by using his talented play makers to win the game. I don't feel confident if the game comes down to a field goal for Dallas. I just think the Cowboys are too hot coming in to lose. It is easier to beat a team three times in a year than people think.

Cowboys Win, 31-24

No comments:

Post a Comment